GlobalData at the University of Washington
This dataset was purchased by the University of Washington for distribution
within the UW community. The following text is
adapted from readme.txt.
This delivery contains Global Data Bundles compiled by Land Info:
All datasets include .shp indexes except VMAP0 and WVS, which aren't tiled, and SRTM30 which is organized by large lat / long blocks.
- Set of 506 US military 1:500,000 scale TPCs (Tactical Pilotage Charts--scanned topographic/aeronautical maps), zipped GeoTiff file format, Geo WGS84
(Shuttle Radar Topography Mission) 3 arc second (aprox. 90m) DEM (Digital Elevation Model),
covers the World from Latitude 57 South - 61 North, .bil file format, Geo WGS84
(also includes hydrology vectors used for editing of the DEM data)
SRTM 30 arc second (aprox. 1km) global DEM made from SRTM and GTOPO30
This is version 1. Version 2 is at
- (1-second SRTM DEMs for the US are a http://seamless.usgs.gov
and NASA FTP)
- Landsat 7 ETM 15m 7-4-2 GeoCover 2000 (1999 - 2003) worldwide satellite imagery, MrSID wavelett compressed file format, UTM WGS84
(See http://onearth.jpl.nasa.gov/ for mosaicked 7-band images and other cool mosaicked data.)
- Landsat 4/5 TM 30m 7-4-2 GeoCover 1990 (1988 - 1992) near-worldwide worldwide satellite imagery, MrSID wavelett compressed file format, UTM WGS84
- VMAP0 worldwide 1:1,000,000 scale vector data (near-worldwide coverage, varies by layer), ESRI .shp and MapInfo .TAB file formats, Geo WGS84
This is the update of the DCW.
- World Vector Shoreline Plus 1:250,000 scale vector data of the World's coastlines and international borders boundaries, ESRI .shp file format, Geo WGS84
All data is the copyrighted property of LAND INFO Worldwide Mapping, LLC. Land Info grants customer a license to distribute data on an isolated non-commercial basis, or as Derived Works. Derived works that include the source data must be merged with other value-added data in such a way that the derived work canít be converted back to the original source data format. Other Derived Works that donít include the source data (vector extraction, classification etc.) have no restrictions on use and distribution. An unlimited license is granted for media use, provided that the following citation is used: "map data courtesy www.landinfo.com."
LAND INFO Worldwide Mapping, LLC